Full visibility of your funeral plan costs
At The Martins, we believe that it’s important to give our clients complete transparency with the costs involved in planning a funeral – with no hidden charges. No two funerals are exactly the same and your choices for a unique service will determine the final cost. But as a guide, see our pricing as follows;
Our Limited Service Funeral
Being a member of the Society of Allied and Independent Funeral Directors we are able to offer a funeral service to cover the arrangements necessary for a very simple cremation or graveside burial service. This funeral will include the provision of the hearse, necessary staff, our basic coffin and local collection of the deceased within normal working hours (Mon to Fri, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm). There will be no dressing of the deceased, no viewing in our chapel of rest and we are unable to handle donations, obituary notices or service sheets on your behalf. No limousine is provided in this service, and the hearse will meet mourners at the cemetery or crematorium.
The cost of this service is £1795.00 PLUS disbursement charges.
Our Bespoke Service Funeral
Professional Service Charge to include the following;
- A proportion of our overhead expenses.
- Arranging the funeral in accordance with your instructions.
- Liaising with and making all necessary external payments on your behalf to clergy, celebrants, doctors and other authorities as necessary.
- Preparation and distribution of all the relevant documentation in order that the funeral may proceed legally.
- Care of the deceased prior to the funeral and dressing as instructed.
- Use of our chapel of rest.
- Handling of donations on your behalf.
- Placing obituary notices on your behalf.
- Providing a full advisory service both before and after the funeral.
- Provision of a chauffeured hearse and the necessary staff on the day of the funeral.
- Collection of the deceased to our private chapel of rest (between Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm and excluding bank holidays).
£2395.00 PLUS disbursement charges.
Expenses to be added to the above:
- The selected coffin.
- Hygienic embalming treatment.
- Collection of the deceased outside of working hours.
- Any additional services required.
Disbursement charges vary depending on the type of funeral chosen i.e. burial or cremation. We strongly advise you to discuss your personal needs with us to enable an accurate quotation to be given.